Applying to WPAEAIFO
The Application Process:
Below are the steps needed to be taken to apply for membership to the WPAEAIFO
- Send an email to our Secretary requesting an application. Once received, the Secretary will send you an application and an instructional cover letter.
- Ensure you meet the application requirements. (see below)
- Fill out application and return to our Secretary via US mail by the required deadline (see below) with a $50 application fee.
- Send appropriate letters of recommendation to our Secretary. The people that wrote the letters must mail (or email) them directly to the Secretary by the required deadline.
- Once application is received and reviewed, you will be scheduled for an interview with the board.
- If accepted, you must attend the mandatory training sessions in July. Transfer members may be required to attend at the discretion of the board.
- At the end of the football season, you will be given an exam at the last meeting.
- You are accepted as a probationary member throughout this whole process and will not become a full member until all of these requirements are met. Being a probationary member does not prohibit you from working games.
Requirements of the Applicant
A New Member Applicant Must:
- Be at least 21 years of age and
- Be an active member of a recognized football association and
- Comply with uniform screening procedures including a personal interview
Plus meet one of the following:
- Have five (5) years of football officiating experience, 25 varsity games (provide schedule of games officiated including class level and names of WPA EAIFO members on game) and the written recommendation of one active EAIFO member; or
- Provide two (2) written recommendations from active EAIFO members, active Division I, or NFL officiating staff or Supervisors/Observers acceptable to the Board and your most recent varsity schedule; or
- Have significant, demonstrable football experience (such as successful study group participation, substantial clinic experience, past college or professional playing experience) acceptable to the Board and provide your most recent varsity schedule plus officiating video of the applicant from an actual varsity game.
An Incoming Transfer must:
- Provide a letter of recommendation from either their prior Supervisor or an Observer, Division I, or NFL officiating staff member acceptable to the Board.
All applications, application fees, and letters of recommendation must be turned in to the Secretary by MARCH 1st. Anything received after that date will not be accepted for this year.
Click here to email Secretary Jim Bulger to request an application.